Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 4: Releasing Resistance

Thought For the Day:
All inner resistance is experienced as negativity in one form or another. All negativity is resistance. In this context, the two words are almost synonymous.
Negativity ranges from irritation or impatience to fierce anger, from a depressed mood or sullen resentment to suicidal despair. Sometimes the resistance triggers the emotional pain body…The ego believes that through negativity it can manipulate reality and get what it wants.... The fact is, of course, that negativity does not work. Instead of attracting a desirable condition, it stops it from arising. Instead of dissolving an undesirable one, it keeps it in place.
Once you have identified with some form of negativity, you do not want to let it go, and on a deeply unconscious level, you do not want positive change. It would threaten your identity as a depressed, angry or hard-done-by person. You will then ignore, deny or sabotage the positive in your life. This is a common phenomenon. It is also insane. ~ Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

I have been called to write about resistance.  I confess that there have been times that I wanted to avoid my affirmations or procrastinate on doing them.  And I had to question "Where is this resistance to my truest and happiest life coming from?"  It was confirmed that I needed to address this when a couple of people participating in OM told me that this was a bit more challenging than they were expecting.  Without judgement to myself or anyone else, I just ask - Why is it easier of more comfortable to be in a state of discontent?  Why do we settle for living half way?  And why do we often resist the habits and/or exercises that will lead us to vibrating at our fullest potential?

Resistance is what fear uses to keep us in place.  It encourages us to not believe and to be faithless.  And we must release resistance regularly in order to move on and to yield breakthroughs.  If you are truly ready for the success, you will have to stand up to resistance.  Release resistance with actions of choosing love and tasks of love, rather than tasks or moments of fear and numbing.  Release resistance by affirming:
I release resistance and all fear, I proclaim that I am now ready to receive perfect love [insert any other noun which you may be working on].

Sometime when I first began my journey into the subconscious and to affirmations, I found that often I preferred to listen to my iPod on shuffle of music, rather than listen to my customized affirmations.  Why did I resist these affirmations?  Sometimes I would resist and not listen, and other times, I would step over what I thought I wanted (which is what my ego wanted - fear, unhappiness), and I would listen to the affirmations anyway, and as I listened I would enjoy them and eventually come to a place of gratitude for stepping over my ego.

Resistance will present itself in our life.  Let us use it to strengthen us, and to make us victors in this existence.  Use it to your advantage to grow stronger and more committed to your truest self and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment